Frequently Asked Questions
Lighthouse Center® Policies and Guidelines
Current COVID-19 protocols for visitors
Please note the following has been introduced to protect everyone’s health and safety.
- To visit our center you must adhere to the Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 guidance.
- Please do not visit our center when you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have any COVID-19 symptoms, or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 2 weeks.
Check-in and Checkout
Check-in and checkout times are very flexible as long as your schedule is arranged in advance with Guest Services.
Should your travel plans change, we ask that you give us as much notice as you can. Thank you for your understanding.
We understand that circumstances beyond your control can derail or delay your travel plans, which may mean that you cannot stay with us when you had expected. The more advance notice you can give us, the better. We thank you in advance for your understanding and consideration.
At Lighthouse Centers, everyone follows a daily schedule including meditation, selfless service, and satsang (spiritual discourse and group meditation). You may choose from one of two schedules depending on how many hours of meditation you wish to do each day.
We provide simple and wholesome homemade vegetarian meals. If you have special dietary needs required by your physician, please let us know when you register. Our Guest Services team will reply in writing to confirm if we can accommodate your dietary needs.
Accommodations are primarily in the main dormitory building. Laundry facilities and landline phones are also available. Phone cards are available for purchase through the Lighthouse Center Oregon gift shop for those in need of making a long distance call. Tent camping is available in summer months. Self-contained campers and vans may be used in designated areas upon request.
Volunteer work, also called selfless service, is one of the main aspects of Lighthouse Center Oregon. Guests participate in a variety of tasks that provide opportunities to learn new skills, such as organic gardening, yard work, housekeeping, wholesome vegetarian cooking, landscaping, and food processing.
Lighthouse Center Oregon partners with other non-profit organizations to help with various local charitable events and community service projects. Guests may also participate in some of these activities, such as preparing food for soup kitchens and making care packages for the homeless.
If you have any limitations, please let us know in advance of your arrival so that our teams can arrange tasks suited to your capabilities.
Photography, videography and electronic devices
Guests and visitors are asked not to take photographs and/or record videos on the Lighthouse Center premises. If you happen to bring laptops, mobile phones, personal cameras, video cameras, iPads, Kindles, or radios, please leave them switched off during your stay.
We encourage guests and visitors to join us in preserving the peaceful and spiritual atmosphere at the Lighthouse Center.
We ask that when you stay with us at the center, please respect the spiritual atmosphere of the Lighthouse Center.
Spiritual retreat focus
We ask that guests do not conduct worldly business or make personal trips into town while staying at the center. This will help you maintain your spiritual focus and give you maximum benefit for your retreat.
During summer months (June – September) it is warm and sunny with cool nights, sometimes in the 50s. The winter season is generally temperate with rain. It can snow occasionally in winter months as well.
Lighthouse Center policies
- Tobacco smoking and use of alcohol or non-medicinal drugs are not permitted on the grounds.
- No meat or meat products (including eggs) may be prepared or consumed on the grounds.
- No firearms or other weapons are permitted on the property.
- Please do not bring personal reading material. Guests are welcome to browse through the selection of inspirational and uplifting reading material in the Lighthouse Center library.
- The program at Lighthouse Centers is designed for adults, and therefore we are not able to accommodate children under 16.
- Please do not wear clothing that displays the physical form, such as shorts or capris, tank tops, muscle shirts, sheer fabrics, etc. We ask that men wear shirts while working.
- Please abstain from the use of perfumes, colognes, strongly scented toiletries, soaps, etc. during your stay, as many people are quite sensitive to strong scents.